Cane Backyard Nation Membership shut down because of rodents and roaches

0
71

The Cane Garden Country Club was closed last week after a health inspector found multiple health code violations.

The country club on the Bailey Trail at The Villages was temporarily closed on January 20 after the inspector found out 35 Rodent droppings in the corner of the main dining room, according to a report on file with the Department of Economics and Professional Law. There were also cockroach excrement in the corners of the main dining room.

Cane Garden Country Club

In addition to these high priority violations, another high priority violation at the Country Club involved marinated shrimp, haddock, and swai fish stored at 55 degrees when they should have been stored at no more than 41 degrees.

Other violations include:

• An employee saved sUnglasses and car keys above the food preparation area in the kitchenette.

• The inside of a microwave was soiled with encrusted food particles.

• Knives were stored in cracks between devices.

• The country club did not have proof of the required government-approved employee training for employees. The inspector returned the following day and found there was still no evidence of staff training, but allowed the restaurant to reopen as there were no violations that “posed an imminent threat to the public”.