Rodents trigger Blakey Ridge pub fireplace

0
139

However, a FIRE in a bog pub is said to have been caused by rodents.

As reported earlier today, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue was called to a fire in a pub in Blakey Ridge this morning at around 2:13 p.m.

Crews from Danby, Kirkbymoorside, Helmsley, Pickering and Malton participated in a fire in a basement attached to the pub.

A spokesman for the fire department said: “Furniture was stored in the basement. The fire caused 100% smoke damage in the basement and 50% fire and heat damage. It also caused smoke damage in the apartment above.

“The crews put out the fire and helped with the recovery with breathing equipment, a hose reel, a 45-meter beam and a thermal imaging camera.

“The cause is believed to be damage to electrical circuitry by rodents.”